31 Oct Easy Signs You May Need Foundation Repair In San Antonio
Here Are Some Quick Easy Signs To Look For If You Think You May Need Foundation Repair In San Antonio
Signs around the structure
1.EVAPORATION – Hot dry wind and intense heat will often cause the soil to shrink beneath the foundation. This settlement may cause cracks to appear throughout the structure.
2. TRANSPIRATION – Tree roots may desiccate the soil beneath a home causing the soil to shrink and the home to settle.
3. PLUMBING LEAKS – Water from plumbing leaks is often a cause of foundation problems.
4. DRAINAGE – Improper drainage is one of the leading causes of foundation failure. Excess moisture will erode or consolidate soils and cause settlement.
5. INFERIOR FOUNDATION CONSTRUCTION – Insufficient steel and inferior concrete will contribute to movement in the slab.
6. INFERIOR GROUND PREPARATION – Soft, low density soils and/or improperly compacted soil beneath a home is the leading cause of foundation failure. Cut and fill situations should be properly prepared before the soil is ready to support a structure.
7. POOR SOIL CONDITIONS – Poor soil and its expansion and/or contraction contribute to foundation failure. SIGNS OF FOUNDATION FAILURE
Physical Signs on the structure that show you may need Foundation Repair in San Antonio
INSIDE Signs on the inside of the house that indicate foundation problems may include:
1. Doors and windows that are misaligned
2. Cracks in the sheet rock
3. Doors and windows that are sticking
4. Sloping of the floor
5. Cracks in the floor or tile OUTSIDE Signs on the outside of the house that indicate foundation problems may include:
6. Cracks in the brick
7. Gaps around the doors and windows
8. Cracks in the foundation
9. Fascia board pulling away
Signs in the garage that indicate foundation problems may include:
10. Separation from door
11. Wall rotating out
12. Cracked brick
Signs in the basement that indicate foundation problems may include:
13. Walls leaning in or out
14. Cracks in the wall
15. Water intrusion
Another article to help determine if you need foundation repair in San Antonio can be found here: San Antonio Foundation Companies Say – Older Homes May Need Foundation Repairs